If you’ve got a weak stomach (especially when it comes to anything medical related) then by all means give this video a go, but I can’t promise it won’t make you flinch. Hanging out in a dreamy meadow by a river, Grizzly Bear lay in the grass whilst stoically performing basic medical tests on one another. Blood tests, ear candles, skin samples and hair tweaking are all shown in twitching, gif form in this beautiful, Dali-esque video by the super-talented Kris Moye.
Kris’ interpretation of Gun-Shy, one of the cheerier songs on Grizzly Bear’s most recent album, is a perfect response for one of the most notoriously intelligent and thought-provoking bands around. On that note, check out his video for Wolfmother, where Kris defaced a video of them playing live with a Sharpie. With a back catalogue such as Kris has, we can’t wait to see whose music he transforms with his trippy visuals next.
- Foster Huntington’s stop-motion short of an '80s Californian skate off
- Dax Norman’s weird and wobbly animations with “cigarettes and eyeballs a plenty”
- Photographer Evija Laivina explores the ridiculous reality of the beauty industry
- Zhiyuan Yang's photos of her parents scrutinise China's nuclear family dynamics
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled