Remember our old mate Joe Kessler? ‘Course you do. He was one of our Graduates way back in 2010 and a prodigious cartooning talent. Since we last met Joe’s been embroiled in the creation of a new anthology of comics, a 44-page screen printed beast that he’s named Windowpane. Within its glossy pages are no fewer than seven brand new and original stories rendered in Joe’s distinctive style – fluid organic shapes interspersed with complex multi-point perspective.
If you’re a fan of surreal, darkly-comic narratives then we can’t recommend this enough.The stories range from the tangential and humiliating realisations of a wet dream to disembodied voices narrating a cinematic panning across frames, all of which are consistently engaging.
If you’d like to peruse this new publication in the flesh then Joe’s got a show on at Protein’s Hewett Street gallery from November 22. We’ll definitely be heading down, and for more than just the free beers.
- Join It’s Nice That and Adobe XD for an evening of discussion on digital design
- In her latest series, Lauren Harris captures moments of violence and tenderness in the boxing ring
- Bold and borderless, Ji Soo Eom’s designs echo the multiverse
- Max Siedentopf's new series injects some excitement back into the humble passport photo
- Graphic designer David Rindlisbacher disrupts his typography-heavy designs with technology
- Joe Melhuish’s zany creations are populated by “joyful characters with manic, chaotic auras”
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals