The London Rollergirls is an all-female roller derby league based in London. The league was the first to be established in the UK in April 2006 and over the past decade has been a pioneering force for the growth of roller derby in the UK and Europe. This five-minute film, commissioned by iD mobile for its ‘New Originals’ series, captures the aggression, adrenaline and grace of the sport and the stories of the squad members.
From broken bones to horrendous bruises, the film offers an overview of the rules, regulations and attitude needed to understand and succeed in the sport. Produced by Virtue Worldwide, Vice’s in-house creative services agency, London Rollergirls is one of three films in the New Originals series, the others featuring Irish hip-hop artist Rejjie Snow and GB fencing duo Rajan Rai and Jai Birch telling the stories about how they discovered and pursued their passions.
- Lee Kan Kyo’s practice involves taking a selfie a day and a loyalty card club
- Office supplies sweat, struggle and stress in Philotheus Nisch’s recent series for Die Epilog
- It’s been another busy year of cultural design projects for Badesaison
- Kengo Kuma tells us why we need “a new period of natural design”
- The essentials of handling your finances as a graduate, junior or freelance creative
- Painter Nick McPhail uses Renaissance techniques to make his architectural landscapes “glow”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Job interviews: Pentagram, Wieden+Kennedy and Bureau Borsche on how to get them and what to say
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!