The bird man returns! We don’t know how Luke Stephenson does it, but he has a certain knack for getting birds to sit still and pose for his lens. I’ve always suspected these photos of birds smiling was the project that actually launched coloured backgrounds into the colossal, two year trend that has skyrocketed the popularity of still-life photographers and increased worldwide fruit sales by three per cent (this may be made-up).
In his latest venture, Luke has been asked to create the lookbook for the fashion design duo, Agi & Sam. Their much talked about new line for Topman that draws inspirations from owls in association with football is a fantastically inventive collection, made all the better by Luke’s shoot. He even took a few sneaky pics of the designers themselves in true, vintage football sticker style.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner