As co-founder of moving image studio More and More, Carl Burgess – together with business partner Tom Darracott – has become one of the major innovators in 3D animation and motion design for the fashion industry. The studio has worked with the likes of Nike, Moncler, Prada, Chanel and Stella McCartney, but a busy last few years meant that Carl and Tom felt they had “got into a rhythm” and wanted to shake things up.
Hence the 50 Days project, wherein More and More shut up shop for 50 days to focus entirely on personal work. Instead of commercial briefs, Carl and Tom dedicated themselves to visual experiments, often based on a quick, off-the-cuff comment that morning. At Nicer Tuesdays, Carl told us more about the project and showed a selection of the awesome results.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum