As co-founder of moving image studio More and More, Carl Burgess – together with business partner Tom Darracott – has become one of the major innovators in 3D animation and motion design for the fashion industry. The studio has worked with the likes of Nike, Moncler, Prada, Chanel and Stella McCartney, but a busy last few years meant that Carl and Tom felt they had “got into a rhythm” and wanted to shake things up.
Hence the 50 Days project, wherein More and More shut up shop for 50 days to focus entirely on personal work. Instead of commercial briefs, Carl and Tom dedicated themselves to visual experiments, often based on a quick, off-the-cuff comment that morning. At Nicer Tuesdays, Carl told us more about the project and showed a selection of the awesome results.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner