Seetal Solanki is founder of material research consultancy Ma-tt-er, where she works on design projects of all kinds, bringing expertise in materials – from their aesthetics and versatility to their provenance and sustainability – aiming to “bridge the gap between all industries”. She’s also one of our Ones to Watch 2017.
At Nicer Tuesdays she spoke about her work with Nike and Beyoncé’s Ivy Park, a recent commission for Frame magazine and an upcoming installation project that considers the importance of materials at every level.
- Will Anderson on his Bafta-nominated animation, Have Heart
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Friday Mixtape: Thomas Pratt curates a mix for a night out in the Bahamas
- The spontaneous, saturated and energetic portfolio of photographer Anton Gottlob
- Alexander Mourant's photographs trace a road-trip he took down the length of Africa
- Video artist Natalia Stuyk on crossing from the digital to the physical world
- Google Creative Lab's animated series tells the story of iPhone users who tried the Pixel 2
- Photographer Michael Northrup’s striking new book is a visual timeline of a former relationship
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- "Something bold, something pure" – the 50-year long legacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yishu Wang's wonderfully disorientating photography
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity