Seetal Solanki is founder of material research consultancy Ma-tt-er, where she works on design projects of all kinds, bringing expertise in materials – from their aesthetics and versatility to their provenance and sustainability – aiming to “bridge the gap between all industries”. She’s also one of our Ones to Watch 2017.
At Nicer Tuesdays she spoke about her work with Nike and Beyoncé’s Ivy Park, a recent commission for Frame magazine and an upcoming installation project that considers the importance of materials at every level.
- Bobby Doherty shows how zooming in can reveal the “fun, gross, beautiful or cute”
- Melville Brand Design on a new book detailing the history of Samsonite
- Steve Gavan's illustrative work pays homage to often overlooked design gems
- Photographer Ioana Cirlig's Post-Industrial Stories looks at Romanian life after work
- Mateo Broillet likes to reflect elements of type history in his contemporary designs
- Rebecca Harper's paintings are a “reflection of the time we are living in”
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance