Seetal Solanki is founder of material research consultancy Ma-tt-er, where she works on design projects of all kinds, bringing expertise in materials – from their aesthetics and versatility to their provenance and sustainability – aiming to “bridge the gap between all industries”. She’s also one of our Ones to Watch 2017.
At Nicer Tuesdays she spoke about her work with Nike and Beyoncé’s Ivy Park, a recent commission for Frame magazine and an upcoming installation project that considers the importance of materials at every level.
- Why should you apply to The Graduates 2019? Three grads tell us how it helped their career
- “I absolutely hated it”: Heath West on why he left architecture for the art industry
- Hubert Crabières captures a brilliantly absurd celebrating family for Edicola
- Illustrator Holly St Clair uses the rhythm of a joke in her portfolio of sculptures, textiles and prints
- Jules Durand aims to “design cool new fonts” beyond the Latin alphabet
- For Alice Franchetti, graphic design is the sweet spot where maths and intuition meet
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!