Seetal Solanki is founder of material research consultancy Ma-tt-er, where she works on design projects of all kinds, bringing expertise in materials – from their aesthetics and versatility to their provenance and sustainability – aiming to “bridge the gap between all industries”. She’s also one of our Ones to Watch 2017.
At Nicer Tuesdays she spoke about her work with Nike and Beyoncé’s Ivy Park, a recent commission for Frame magazine and an upcoming installation project that considers the importance of materials at every level.
- In the Studio With: Balancing innovation and usability, with digital creative studio Future Corp
- Dis.art turns "learning into a Netflix-like experience"
- James Aspey's grid inspired typeface New Europa features a user-generated specimen
- Photographer Stratos Kalafatis on life inside the 1200-year old Mount Athos
- Sean van den Steenhoven’s projects utilise voice as a design tool to make statements
- Graphic designer Angharad Hengyu Owen on textual shapes and wandering poems
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- “I love the imperfections, the grains and the stains": Ryan Ormsby on his creative approach
- Artist claims Kendrick Lamar video for Black Panther song used her work without permission
- Property developer fined $6.7 million for “whitewashing” New York graffiti haven, 5Pointz
- Fill your AR world with collage, courtesy of app Dumb Fun
- Bureau Bertrand Clément’s portfolio represents the importance of playful graphic design