You meet a lot of people in this business and – as in any walk of life – they tend to range from the sublime to the ridiculous. Fortunately though help is at hand courtesy of Sagmeister & Walsh’s new work for moo.com’s Luxe Project. The notorious design duo have created a series of seven sets of seven cards: “To be handed to anyone you meet who delights or annoys you.” Called Halftone Satifsfaction, the messages on the cards veer from the joyful, " It’s a delight to be around someone who loves what they do," to the, well, brutal, “Fuck you. Eat shit.”
The backs of the cards range from pure white through a black dot effect to pure black, reflecting the tone of the message on the reverse. Uber useful for that next awkward private view, all the profits are going to the Coalition for the Homeless so you can feel good while you make others feel good, or assuage your guilt at being so jolly rude.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs his mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner