Oh hi there students, how’s things with you? We just wanted to check in to remind you that it’s March now, which means that pretty soon we’re going to be looking for our March students of the month – and when I say soon, what I really mean is right this minute! So if you’ve got some new work that you’re seriously proud of, or even some old work that you just want us to shout about for you then get sending it in, because we want to see it.
In the spirit of the fast-paced world of commercial creativity, you’ve only got until this time next week (Tuesday, March 26) to send us your stuff! Don’t worry too much though, if you’re not ready by then there’s always April, or even May just round the corner.
As ever, the good folks over at Laurence King Publishing will be giving out some magnificent printed works to our three lucky winners, so if you like the idea of free books then you know what to do.
Forgotten how to submit? Here’s all the technical details you need…
What to submit
We only want you to submit ONE project, but this should be your finest work to date. So if it’s a project you made in your first year and you’re now in your second, that’s great, but please remember – you must still be in education to qualify. And students that don’t study art and design, don’t forget, we want to see stuff from you too, even if it is just bits and pieces you’re pursuing on the side!
Text and Links
– your full name
– full course title
– place of study
– what year you’re currently in
Next, send through a paragraph (of no more then 150 words) about you, your project, and when the work was made (we’ll be back in touch for more information if you are selected.) And, of course, a web link: blog, flickr, tumblr, website – all good.
If you’re submitting a video/moving image piece, please include a link to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Maximum of five images, at a maximum of 705 pixels wide.
- Include them as attachments within an email and not as a zip or pdf.
Where to submit
In the subject line of your email, please include the title Student of the Month and send it to [email protected].
Student of the Month is kindly supported by Laurence King Publishing. You can sign up to the LKP Student List now to get 35% off all our student titles at www.laurenceking.com.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum