A$AP Rocky has been named creative director of MTV Labs, an incubator within MTV’s parent company Viacom. Rocky will have full access to the company’s resources, including its production facilities, to create original content for MTV and branded content for advertisers.
According to a release from Viacom, the Harlem-born rapper will be experimenting with new formats as well as existing MTV intellectual property.
The partnership brings together A$AP Rocky’s own creative company AWGE and Viacom Velocity, the conglomerate’s in-house agency.
“MTV is a name we grew up with,” Rocky says, “everyone knows them as innovators and champions of building artists’ careers.”
- It’s Nice That and Camden Council host evening of talks by LGBTQ creatives
- Michael Marcelle’s photography is “like a broken funhouse mirror in a gay haunted house”
- Books From The Future's experimentally collaborative and investigative publishing
- Issue four of Beauty Papers screws the formula of beauty, giving it a “brave new face”
- Molly Matalon shoots a fashion editorial in the desert, and things get brotherly
- Laura Callaghan on illustrating a lifestyle where women make all decisions
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity