To celebrate the release of their capsule collection, brands P.A.M and Facetasm have collaborated on a book featuring Misha Hollenbach (P.A.M), Fergadelic (Palace), artist Matt Damhave, photographer Ari Marcopoulous, Hiromichi Ochiai (Facetasm), Daisuke Yokoyama (Sasquatchfabrix), Sk8thing (Cav Empt) and artist Daito Manabe.
Each page of the psychedelic book Pamtasm is cut in half and presented landscape to make a flip book with a seemingly endless combination of faces, and the book includes a sticker sheet.
Misha Hollenback explained to It’s Nice That: “with a collaboration of two brands – or two of anything – we like to see that something special happens. Just two brands mashing logos isn’t enough excitement for us.”
“We proposed around the idea of ‘faces’ and that we make new ones, kind of based on the two-faced Greek god Janus. We knew that Facetasm’s name came from a flip book we also owned, so as a starting point, it was clear we should make a new version of the book, and from that pull graphics.”
Of the process that went into choosing each of _Pamtasm_’s collaborators, Misha explains that “PAM chose four, as did Facetasm. We chose based on friends and collaborators that we know would understand and enjoy the concept. Ari photographs people, Fergus loves collage, Matt Damhave is a freak, and me too. It was exciting to see the portraits come in, but also how seamlessly they mash. I can’t do the maths, but there’s 40 portraits, Matt and I came up with a mathematical theory – and someone with a maths sort of brain please let us know if we’re right! – that there are 40 × 40 × 40 x 40 combinations of faces.”
P.A.M and Facetasm have also released a lookbook, also included below, which features t-shirts, sweats, hats and hoodies.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum