Issue 94 of Eye magazine has been released with 8000 unique covers designed by MuirMcneil. The issue, a type special, uses two typefaces, TwoPoint and TwoPlus, and HP Mosaic technology to create the individual covers.
Using a digital printing press and Mosaic, a variable data program (which was also used when Emily Forgot created 2000 unique bottles for Heineken) a different image file was created for each pass of the press, created from a number of ‘seed files’ supplied by MuirMcneil. The artwork is resized, rotated and recoloured for each cover.
Inside the issue readers can find features about Nadine Chahine, MuirMcneil, NovoTypo, House Industries, Neue Kabel and more. Eye has released a video about the contents of issue 94 here.
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner