It’s Nice That is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate news editor (maternity cover) to assist in leading our editorial team, projects and commercial opportunities. As a key role in engaging our online audience of over half a million readers a month and social reach of over a million, this is a rare opportunity to develop one of the most respected creative platforms around.
The news editor will manage the news arm of It’s Nice That, managing the editorial output of this section of the website, implementing and leading the news strategy tailored to our audience and help grow the readership. The ideal candidate will have experience in leadership of similar editorial teams working across both in-house publishing projects and commercial partnerships. They will enjoy working in a creative environment, clearly communicating, prioritising and delegating tasks.
This role is being offered to cover maternity leave beginning July 2018 for the initial duration of 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
- Rosie Yasukochi's vibrant comic reflects on post-generational trauma
- Patrick Kyle's helpful advice on how to start out at illustration fairs
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Rachel Louise Hodgson’s drawings challenge traditional ideals of beauty
- Sam Conniff rouses the Nicer Tuesdays audience to Be More Pirate
- Koln Studio designs artist's catalogue using improvisation and fun
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Portfolio tips from top studios: what to leave in (and out) and how to get noticed
- The Graduates 2018: Should I get a job or go freelance?
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Erik Spiekermann brings five unfinished fonts from Bauhaus design masters to life with Adobe
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham