It’s Nice That is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate news editor (maternity cover) to assist in leading our editorial team, projects and commercial opportunities. As a key role in engaging our online audience of over half a million readers a month and social reach of over a million, this is a rare opportunity to develop one of the most respected creative platforms around.
The news editor will manage the news arm of It’s Nice That, managing the editorial output of this section of the website, implementing and leading the news strategy tailored to our audience and help grow the readership. The ideal candidate will have experience in leadership of similar editorial teams working across both in-house publishing projects and commercial partnerships. They will enjoy working in a creative environment, clearly communicating, prioritising and delegating tasks.
This role is being offered to cover maternity leave beginning July 2018 for the initial duration of 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest short is an uplifting account of life in an American retirement home
- Next 2 Nothing is the how-to manual of tips and tricks for any aspiring filmmaker
- Haleigh Mun on finding her own illustrative style rather than trying to be a “cool artist”
- Genuine collaborations inform Swiss design studio Omnigroup's broad practice
- Filmmaker Duncan Cowles on how your own tone of voice can create the best audience reaction
- "Logos date like clothes": Six designers debate what makes an ideal brand identity
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice