Jonathan Barnbrook has been awarded the Grammy for Best Recording Package for his artwork for David Bowie’s ★.
Other nominees in this category included the cover of Parquet Courts’ Human Performance by the band’s singer and guitarist Andrew Savage; and the artwork for Rihanna’s Anti, art directed by Robyn Fenty, Roy Nachum and Ciarra Pardo. Also nominated were Reckless Kelly’s Sunset Motel art directed by Sarah and Shauna Dodds, and Eric Timothy Carlson for Bon Iver’s 22, A Million.
Illustrator Gérard Lo Monaco won the Grammy for Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package for design of Warner Music’s Edith Piaf 1915-2015 release.
The video for Beyoncé’s Formation directed by Melina Matsoukas won Best Music Video. Also nominated were Upside Down & Inside Out by OK Go, directed by Damian Kulash Jr. and Trish Sie; and Jamie XX’s Gosh directed by Romain Gavras.
Best Music Film went to The Beatles: Eight Days a Week The Touring Years directed by Ron Howard.
A full list of winners can be viewed here.
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- “Work hard and be nice to people”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays March
- “Dance exists when we run out of things to say”: choreographer Holly Blakey on her life and practice
- From admirer to employee: The New York Times Magazine designer Ben Grandgenett
- Amina Bouajila’s illustrations flit between reality and limbo in colourful hues
- Rufus Newell uses curves and scribbles to depict Greek gods and heroes
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know