Raf Simons has revealed the new logo for American fashion brand Calvin Klein on Instagram. The logo is an artful redesign by Raf Simons in collaboration with Peter Saville, and is one of Raf’s first outputs as creative director.
The logo is a subtle redesign, capitalising the lettering, using a new typeface and closer spacing. The fashion label described the new logo as, “A return to the spirit of the original. An acknowledgement of the founder and foundations of the fashion house.”
It was announced in August last year that Raf was to become the new creative director of Calvin Klein, following his role as creative director of womenswear at Dior. His first collection will debut in Fall 2017 shows.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU