Raf Simons has revealed the new logo for American fashion brand Calvin Klein on Instagram. The logo is an artful redesign by Raf Simons in collaboration with Peter Saville, and is one of Raf’s first outputs as creative director.
The logo is a subtle redesign, capitalising the lettering, using a new typeface and closer spacing. The fashion label described the new logo as, “A return to the spirit of the original. An acknowledgement of the founder and foundations of the fashion house.”
It was announced in August last year that Raf was to become the new creative director of Calvin Klein, following his role as creative director of womenswear at Dior. His first collection will debut in Fall 2017 shows.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label