Raf Simons has revealed the new logo for American fashion brand Calvin Klein on Instagram. The logo is an artful redesign by Raf Simons in collaboration with Peter Saville, and is one of Raf’s first outputs as creative director.
The logo is a subtle redesign, capitalising the lettering, using a new typeface and closer spacing. The fashion label described the new logo as, “A return to the spirit of the original. An acknowledgement of the founder and foundations of the fashion house.”
It was announced in August last year that Raf was to become the new creative director of Calvin Klein, following his role as creative director of womenswear at Dior. His first collection will debut in Fall 2017 shows.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design