This is ace, written and directed by Vincent Fichard and Matthew Jones in Dubai last month, a series of ‘replica’ signs were put up around the city to encourage a reaction from passing motorists.
‘It took a few days to make the signs, and a week to shoot, we had over a hundred people reacting to them and they’re still on the streets of Dubai. The wording is in Arabic and English; and the style of the signs are exactly like the construction/info signs you see all over town, pass it on if it makes you happy.’
- Submit Saturdays: Take advantage of your website to show varied work as a creative collective
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity