We’re honoured to have Carson Ellis joining us for this week’s It’s Not Us. Carson is one of the most distinctive American illustrative voices today, mixing folk art, fantasy and skewed naturalism. You might also know her as the lady behind the artwork of the Decemberists, which is where her submission comes from.
‘I was reluctant to choose a Decemberists poster for my submission because I do do other stuff, but this is one of my favourite drawings of the past month. For the first time since I starting illustrating, I experimented with a new, finer pen nib which was exciting, in a nerdy way. Also very nerdy was the amount of time I spent looking at medieval typography.’
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan