This year’s RCA Show had the usual mix of the weird and the wonderful. I was fairly amazed by this Coin Flipper from Nitipak Samsen.
“Randomness and fate are usually used as decision making for us. Some decisions are so hard, we leave the responsibility to fate or randomness, coin flipping is one of those methods. Whether it makes us feel less guilty or believe it is the right decision. What about our true intention behind decisions? The Coin flipper aims to challenge the randomness to reveal the true intention.” See it in action here, along with the 8 prototypes that came before it. Pictured is No.5.
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Latvian illustrator Zane Zlemeša's delicately painted drawings
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich