Here’s Stu’s dispatch of niceties for this week’s It’s Not Us.
‘Along with humming along at the exact same pitch with my Hoover, chewing on polystyrene and listening to bands which girls hate, my other favourite thing at the moment are bizarre automata and mechanical toys. These things put Playstations and Xboxes to shame. I have no idea how they work and spend ages looking at scribbled annotated notes I’ve found in various old books and publications trying to figure out how I can make one, but to no avail. Yet. This here is a clockwork tin peacock by a genius who went by the name of Fernand Martin around 1900.’
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”