Here’s Stu’s dispatch of niceties for this week’s It’s Not Us.
‘Along with humming along at the exact same pitch with my Hoover, chewing on polystyrene and listening to bands which girls hate, my other favourite thing at the moment are bizarre automata and mechanical toys. These things put Playstations and Xboxes to shame. I have no idea how they work and spend ages looking at scribbled annotated notes I’ve found in various old books and publications trying to figure out how I can make one, but to no avail. Yet. This here is a clockwork tin peacock by a genius who went by the name of Fernand Martin around 1900.’
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s