This week’s guest is the fantastic Stuart Kolakovic.
‘This is an image from my up-coming show, Never Been at Projekts MCR this December. Ever since writing Milorad, an 80 page comic about my Serbian Grandad, I’ve been really intrigued/obsessed with the eastern European folk art aesthetic and folklore. If it all comes together in time, I’ll have a 9 meter long drawing that will wrap around the back wall at Projekts.
Although not strictly a comic, it’s definitely going to contain snippets of narrative woven around the idea of a year in the life of a fictional late 19th century Eastern European Village. If you do find yourself in Manchester this winter, pop in and have a look. Other things do in Manchester include posing outside Salford Working Man’s club pretending you’re Morrissey, and getting beaten up by 8 year old scallies with rat ‘taches.’
See the full flyer for Never Been here and check back at lunchtime for Stu’s second post.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August