This week’s guest is the fantastic Stuart Kolakovic.
‘This is an image from my up-coming show, Never Been at Projekts MCR this December. Ever since writing Milorad, an 80 page comic about my Serbian Grandad, I’ve been really intrigued/obsessed with the eastern European folk art aesthetic and folklore. If it all comes together in time, I’ll have a 9 meter long drawing that will wrap around the back wall at Projekts.
Although not strictly a comic, it’s definitely going to contain snippets of narrative woven around the idea of a year in the life of a fictional late 19th century Eastern European Village. If you do find yourself in Manchester this winter, pop in and have a look. Other things do in Manchester include posing outside Salford Working Man’s club pretending you’re Morrissey, and getting beaten up by 8 year old scallies with rat ‘taches.’
See the full flyer for Never Been here and check back at lunchtime for Stu’s second post.
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- Photographer Josh Cohen captures New York’s hidden gems
- June Diary: Where to go and what to see
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"