This week’s guest is the fantastic Stuart Kolakovic.
‘This is an image from my up-coming show, Never Been at Projekts MCR this December. Ever since writing Milorad, an 80 page comic about my Serbian Grandad, I’ve been really intrigued/obsessed with the eastern European folk art aesthetic and folklore. If it all comes together in time, I’ll have a 9 meter long drawing that will wrap around the back wall at Projekts.
Although not strictly a comic, it’s definitely going to contain snippets of narrative woven around the idea of a year in the life of a fictional late 19th century Eastern European Village. If you do find yourself in Manchester this winter, pop in and have a look. Other things do in Manchester include posing outside Salford Working Man’s club pretending you’re Morrissey, and getting beaten up by 8 year old scallies with rat ‘taches.’
See the full flyer for Never Been here and check back at lunchtime for Stu’s second post.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s