Medium is a creative studio producing projects related to public space, architecture and visual culture. Medium invited 10 typographers and graphic designers from different backgrounds, countries and ages to design a house number.
‘House numbers are everywhere but are seldom seen as considered or designed objects. We asked each designer to produce a single numeral between 1 and 9 – we got the short straw with 0. As the house numbers then go into double figures, the designers are paired together in different combinations.’
Designers included James Goggin (1), Paul Elliman (2), Julian Morey (3), Sara De Bondt (4), Margaret Calvert (5), Anthony Burrill (6), Anisa Suthayalai (7), Norm (8), Alan Kitching (9) and Medium (0).
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich