Medium is a creative studio producing projects related to public space, architecture and visual culture. Medium invited 10 typographers and graphic designers from different backgrounds, countries and ages to design a house number.
‘House numbers are everywhere but are seldom seen as considered or designed objects. We asked each designer to produce a single numeral between 1 and 9 – we got the short straw with 0. As the house numbers then go into double figures, the designers are paired together in different combinations.’
Designers included James Goggin (1), Paul Elliman (2), Julian Morey (3), Sara De Bondt (4), Margaret Calvert (5), Anthony Burrill (6), Anisa Suthayalai (7), Norm (8), Alan Kitching (9) and Medium (0).
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label