Medium is a creative studio producing projects related to public space, architecture and visual culture. Medium invited 10 typographers and graphic designers from different backgrounds, countries and ages to design a house number.
‘House numbers are everywhere but are seldom seen as considered or designed objects. We asked each designer to produce a single numeral between 1 and 9 – we got the short straw with 0. As the house numbers then go into double figures, the designers are paired together in different combinations.’
Designers included James Goggin (1), Paul Elliman (2), Julian Morey (3), Sara De Bondt (4), Margaret Calvert (5), Anthony Burrill (6), Anisa Suthayalai (7), Norm (8), Alan Kitching (9) and Medium (0).
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Friday Mixtape: Robbie Simon's mix for a party at 9am, with no end in sight
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s