Medium is a creative studio producing projects related to public space, architecture and visual culture. Medium invited 10 typographers and graphic designers from different backgrounds, countries and ages to design a house number.
‘House numbers are everywhere but are seldom seen as considered or designed objects. We asked each designer to produce a single numeral between 1 and 9 – we got the short straw with 0. As the house numbers then go into double figures, the designers are paired together in different combinations.’
Designers included James Goggin (1), Paul Elliman (2), Julian Morey (3), Sara De Bondt (4), Margaret Calvert (5), Anthony Burrill (6), Anisa Suthayalai (7), Norm (8), Alan Kitching (9) and Medium (0).
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio