This week’s quest post comes form the hugely talented Mr Alexandre Betler.
‘The Bread Friend Map is based on the Co-Pain idea (Copain=French for Friend; co=with and pain=bread). Each visitor can have a slice of a 2 meter bread and add a sticker with his name and connect to his friend on a map on the wall. The map shows the network of people who visited the exhibition and the read (or the lack of it) all the same people sharing one bread and becoming potential friends. LESS BREAD= BIGGER MAP=MORE FRIENDS.’
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label