ECAL and RCA graduate Alexandre has got some fantastic work, including this, ‘Decision Spoon’. What makes Alexandre’s work even more beautiful is the meaning and thought that goes into it.
The French word for friend â€œcopain â€?is made of co- (with) and -pain (bread). So, a friend is someone you literally share your bread with. Nice.
‘A bread spoon is a funny and almost useful object. The nice thing about it is that it stresses the little fight between your brain and your stomach, as you have to make sure that you donâ€™t eat too much of its bread, otherwise you donâ€™t have any spoon left. More bread, less spoon. More soup, less bread. Life is made of choice.’
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf