ECAL and RCA graduate Alexandre has got some fantastic work, including this, ‘Decision Spoon’. What makes Alexandre’s work even more beautiful is the meaning and thought that goes into it.
The French word for friend â€œcopain â€?is made of co- (with) and -pain (bread). So, a friend is someone you literally share your bread with. Nice.
‘A bread spoon is a funny and almost useful object. The nice thing about it is that it stresses the little fight between your brain and your stomach, as you have to make sure that you donâ€™t eat too much of its bread, otherwise you donâ€™t have any spoon left. More bread, less spoon. More soup, less bread. Life is made of choice.’
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Anibal Bley’s Risograph zine experiments with glitchy patterns and illustrations
- CG Watkins’ narratively driven photography conveys mystery and escapism
- Sharp Type creates punchy typeface inspired by Swiss designer Adrian Frutiger
- Illustrator Susa Monteiro’s lonely figures battle the elements
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio