ECAL and RCA graduate Alexandre has got some fantastic work, including this, ‘Decision Spoon’. What makes Alexandre’s work even more beautiful is the meaning and thought that goes into it.
The French word for friend â€œcopain â€?is made of co- (with) and -pain (bread). So, a friend is someone you literally share your bread with. Nice.
‘A bread spoon is a funny and almost useful object. The nice thing about it is that it stresses the little fight between your brain and your stomach, as you have to make sure that you donâ€™t eat too much of its bread, otherwise you donâ€™t have any spoon left. More bread, less spoon. More soup, less bread. Life is made of choice.’
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting