ECAL and RCA graduate Alexandre has got some fantastic work, including this, ‘Decision Spoon’. What makes Alexandre’s work even more beautiful is the meaning and thought that goes into it.
The French word for friend â€œcopain â€?is made of co- (with) and -pain (bread). So, a friend is someone you literally share your bread with. Nice.
‘A bread spoon is a funny and almost useful object. The nice thing about it is that it stresses the little fight between your brain and your stomach, as you have to make sure that you donâ€™t eat too much of its bread, otherwise you donâ€™t have any spoon left. More bread, less spoon. More soup, less bread. Life is made of choice.’
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery