The 100 meter split is an illustration to demonstrate the extreme distances our food travels to arrive at our stores. In Canada (Liam’s from Toronto), the closest banana plantation is 5000km away in Honduras.
The banana illustration has been drawn with one continuous line measuring roughly 100 meters. It would take 50,000 of these bananas to make up the distance from Honduras to Canada.
- Animator Hoji Tsuchiya's patchwork video for Japanese singer Uri Nakayama
- Art editor of The Paris Review, Charlotte Strick on her most-treasured tomes
- Swiss zine highlights the many times The Simpsons has predicted the future
- Twelve studio’s rippling identity for Beijing new media studio
- Mumbai-based artist Yashasvi Mathis' unconventional take on the world
- Gufram, the iconic funhouse bridging the gap between design and art
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August