There isn’t enough time to summarise Paul Laffoley so I’ll borrow the description from his super dedicated Myspace fan page – ‘hyperspace cartographer, visionary painter, and time traveler’.
Whatever it is that he does, it is a phenomenal body of work, meticulous and strange. Pictured is The Alchemy of Breathing.
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Upcoming Eduardo Paolozzi exhibition pairs key works with his daughter’s designs
- The brilliant Mat Maitland is back with more luxuriously surreal collages
- We chat to Snøhetta about designing banknotes, studio rituals and the problems with civic commissions
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Candy colours, surreal scenes and unconventional couples in Bex Day's Manic Ovation series
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography