There’s been a lot of Michael Jackson tributes, and I’m surprised this video didn’t surface sooner. It’s not technically a tribute, as the piece was created back in 2005 but The sound before you make it is a kinetic sculpture that captures the dance moves of a generation.
Created by the Australian duo of David Lawrey and Jaki Middleton the eight second loop will be part of Abandon Normal Devices, a festival launching later this month in Liverpool from 23 – 27 September, ore details on their site.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”