There’s been a lot of Michael Jackson tributes, and I’m surprised this video didn’t surface sooner. It’s not technically a tribute, as the piece was created back in 2005 but The sound before you make it is a kinetic sculpture that captures the dance moves of a generation.
Created by the Australian duo of David Lawrey and Jaki Middleton the eight second loop will be part of Abandon Normal Devices, a festival launching later this month in Liverpool from 23 – 27 September, ore details on their site.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery