Think you’ve got an ambitious project idea? Think again – The 50 States Project just out-did you. Sending invitations to one photographer in every state of the U S of A to capture their home state (and photography style) through five different assignments is a task that I would love to see the results of. Luckily enough I can and have put together a few of my favourites here. Pictured is Todd Stewart’s Untitled from the Landscape assignment.
The five themes run from People to Entertainment with one final one to be announced in November 2009 to keep your eyes peeled for. The range of style and content is suitably varied, giving us a little insight into the photographers habitat but also how they like to shoot. One of those sites you can get lost in, with some impressively usable navigation.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”