Think you’ve got an ambitious project idea? Think again – The 50 States Project just out-did you. Sending invitations to one photographer in every state of the U S of A to capture their home state (and photography style) through five different assignments is a task that I would love to see the results of. Luckily enough I can and have put together a few of my favourites here. Pictured is Todd Stewart’s Untitled from the Landscape assignment.
The five themes run from People to Entertainment with one final one to be announced in November 2009 to keep your eyes peeled for. The range of style and content is suitably varied, giving us a little insight into the photographers habitat but also how they like to shoot. One of those sites you can get lost in, with some impressively usable navigation.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations