It’s always nice to see some talent from our graduate showcase producing more great work, and here is Jamie Thompson’s latest. He recently collaborated with Abi Green and Rex McWhirter for American hip hop group Yo Majesty’s digital Halloween single Freak. A few balloon animals later, inspired by factory misshapes and the cover was born.
As you might imagine there were plenty of attempts before the final cover was chosen, so we’ve managed to get our hands on a few to show you the ones that didn’t quite float their boat.
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Robbie Simon, the jack of all trades and the master of them too
- Mattis Dovier’s weird and wonderful 8-bit dot animation for XXX’s music video
- Jessica Lehrman's photographic document of social revolution, Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street
- Zoe Kao and Huang Wun-Siang find inspiration in the uncertainty of the design process
- Documenting the world in motion: Lauren Tamaki’s illustrations of modern life
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale