It’s always nice to see some talent from our graduate showcase producing more great work, and here is Jamie Thompson’s latest. He recently collaborated with Abi Green and Rex McWhirter for American hip hop group Yo Majesty’s digital Halloween single Freak. A few balloon animals later, inspired by factory misshapes and the cover was born.
As you might imagine there were plenty of attempts before the final cover was chosen, so we’ve managed to get our hands on a few to show you the ones that didn’t quite float their boat.
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Illustrator Charlotte Ager’s evocative and multilayered drawings
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant