It’s always nice to see some talent from our graduate showcase producing more great work, and here is Jamie Thompson’s latest. He recently collaborated with Abi Green and Rex McWhirter for American hip hop group Yo Majesty’s digital Halloween single Freak. A few balloon animals later, inspired by factory misshapes and the cover was born.
As you might imagine there were plenty of attempts before the final cover was chosen, so we’ve managed to get our hands on a few to show you the ones that didn’t quite float their boat.
- Swiss zine highlights the many times The Simpsons has predicted the future
- Twelve studio’s rippling identity for Beijing new media studio
- Mumbai-based artist Yashasvi Mathis' unconventional take on the world
- Gufram, the iconic funhouse bridging the gap between design and art
- Active Arab Women: Lara Al-Hadeedi records the determination of sporting Kuwaiti women
- Meet the French illustrator creating part-animal, part-human Frankenmonsters
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August