It’s always nice to see some talent from our graduate showcase producing more great work, and here is Jamie Thompson’s latest. He recently collaborated with Abi Green and Rex McWhirter for American hip hop group Yo Majesty’s digital Halloween single Freak. A few balloon animals later, inspired by factory misshapes and the cover was born.
As you might imagine there were plenty of attempts before the final cover was chosen, so we’ve managed to get our hands on a few to show you the ones that didn’t quite float their boat.
- Creative director David Lane tells us about redesigning frieze and creating campaigns for Hermés and Ally Capellino
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Anibal Bley’s Risograph zine experiments with glitchy patterns and illustrations
- CG Watkins’ narratively driven photography conveys mystery and escapism
- Sharp Type creates punchy typeface inspired by Swiss designer Adrian Frutiger
- Illustrator Susa Monteiro’s lonely figures battle the elements
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio