Originally guest posted by Nepomuk
Hello my name is Nepomuk! We are Doris Freigofas, Sven Neitzel and Daniel Dolz from Berlin and we run a small but mighty graphic design and illustration studio! Recently we made a headline font called TRAX that we designed for a tour guide for the Berlin S-Bahn.
The characteristic style with the large serifs originates from profiles of grooved rails. The poster series is screen printed on both sides, folded together each poster can be used as a brochure. By hanging the posters side by side you can literally lay tracks.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting