A little over a month ago we received one of the weightiest books we’ve ever seen. The hefty tome is just reward for the 18 months work that went into creating it to celebrate Nike Skateboarding. Teaming up with Fluff Magazine the beast of a book clocks in at just over 600 pages and features almost every Nike SB rider in Europe.
Dutch magazine Fluff were given complete creative control and decided to send photographer Marcel Veldman to no less than 19 European countries to document the riders both on and off their boards. The result is a stunning consistency that allows page after page flow effortlessly into each other. If you can search out a copy, and if your bookcase is big enough then we certainly recommend checking it out.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?