A little over a month ago we received one of the weightiest books we’ve ever seen. The hefty tome is just reward for the 18 months work that went into creating it to celebrate Nike Skateboarding. Teaming up with Fluff Magazine the beast of a book clocks in at just over 600 pages and features almost every Nike SB rider in Europe.
Dutch magazine Fluff were given complete creative control and decided to send photographer Marcel Veldman to no less than 19 European countries to document the riders both on and off their boards. The result is a stunning consistency that allows page after page flow effortlessly into each other. If you can search out a copy, and if your bookcase is big enough then we certainly recommend checking it out.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label