Want a football wall planner that didn’t come with the weekend’s papers? Or have you ever wondered what a “freegan” is? Probably worth you having a quick rummage through things…
World Cup Wall Charts Benjamin Prescott
Instead of relying on free tabloid editions, we’ll be scribbling all over Ben Prescott’s insanely detailed World Cup Wall Chart.
Idiot Stories Matthew the Horse, published by Present Joys
The second in a series of literary zines produced by Present Joys, Idiot Stories (by Mathew the Horse) features the line “This week, instead of the usual order of tinned meat, she purchased air fresheners.”
Self Promotion Jenny Tondera
Jenny Tondera sent in a cv in which personal details are mixed with pictures of men and women standing on rocks. Delightful.
Hootenanny Design and Art Directed by Stephen Ball, Kimberley Chan, Tom Pollard and Ryan Van Kesteren
LSAD have sent through what will inevitably be the first of many degree show catalogues we receive. Nevertheless, it’s a nice one to open up. And it’s called Hootenanny, which we found out to mean “party”.
An English Dictionary of Non-Words Luke Ngakane
More an enticing snippet than a whole dictionary, Luke Ngakane’s poster reveals a collection of “non words”. Apparently, a “freegan” is “someone who rejects consumerism,” and to “sprog” is “to go slower than a sprint but faster than a jog.”
- Meet the speakers: Hollie Fernando, Andrew Rae, Raine Allen-Miller and Random International
- Political illustrator Ellie Foreman-Peck on her unfortunately abundant Trump back catalogue
- Deep Throat Studio, a graphic design practice with a name and portfolio to grab your attention
- Photographer David Gomez Maestre captures the romance of sun-blushed landscapes
- ECAL grad Jean-Vincent Simonet’s “totally twisted” image-making
- Benedict Brink is shaking up fashion photography
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU