Want a football wall planner that didn’t come with the weekend’s papers? Or have you ever wondered what a “freegan” is? Probably worth you having a quick rummage through things…
World Cup Wall Charts Benjamin Prescott
Instead of relying on free tabloid editions, we’ll be scribbling all over Ben Prescott’s insanely detailed World Cup Wall Chart.
Idiot Stories Matthew the Horse, published by Present Joys
The second in a series of literary zines produced by Present Joys, Idiot Stories (by Mathew the Horse) features the line “This week, instead of the usual order of tinned meat, she purchased air fresheners.”
Self Promotion Jenny Tondera
Jenny Tondera sent in a cv in which personal details are mixed with pictures of men and women standing on rocks. Delightful.
Hootenanny Design and Art Directed by Stephen Ball, Kimberley Chan, Tom Pollard and Ryan Van Kesteren
LSAD have sent through what will inevitably be the first of many degree show catalogues we receive. Nevertheless, it’s a nice one to open up. And it’s called Hootenanny, which we found out to mean “party”.
An English Dictionary of Non-Words Luke Ngakane
More an enticing snippet than a whole dictionary, Luke Ngakane’s poster reveals a collection of “non words”. Apparently, a “freegan” is “someone who rejects consumerism,” and to “sprog” is “to go slower than a sprint but faster than a jog.”
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again