Want a football wall planner that didn’t come with the weekend’s papers? Or have you ever wondered what a “freegan” is? Probably worth you having a quick rummage through things…
World Cup Wall Charts Benjamin Prescott
Instead of relying on free tabloid editions, we’ll be scribbling all over Ben Prescott’s insanely detailed World Cup Wall Chart.
Idiot Stories Matthew the Horse, published by Present Joys
The second in a series of literary zines produced by Present Joys, Idiot Stories (by Mathew the Horse) features the line “This week, instead of the usual order of tinned meat, she purchased air fresheners.”
Self Promotion Jenny Tondera
Jenny Tondera sent in a cv in which personal details are mixed with pictures of men and women standing on rocks. Delightful.
Hootenanny Design and Art Directed by Stephen Ball, Kimberley Chan, Tom Pollard and Ryan Van Kesteren
LSAD have sent through what will inevitably be the first of many degree show catalogues we receive. Nevertheless, it’s a nice one to open up. And it’s called Hootenanny, which we found out to mean “party”.
An English Dictionary of Non-Words Luke Ngakane
More an enticing snippet than a whole dictionary, Luke Ngakane’s poster reveals a collection of “non words”. Apparently, a “freegan” is “someone who rejects consumerism,” and to “sprog” is “to go slower than a sprint but faster than a jog.”
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s