Want a football wall planner that didn’t come with the weekend’s papers? Or have you ever wondered what a “freegan” is? Probably worth you having a quick rummage through things…
World Cup Wall Charts Benjamin Prescott
Instead of relying on free tabloid editions, we’ll be scribbling all over Ben Prescott’s insanely detailed World Cup Wall Chart.
Idiot Stories Matthew the Horse, published by Present Joys
The second in a series of literary zines produced by Present Joys, Idiot Stories (by Mathew the Horse) features the line “This week, instead of the usual order of tinned meat, she purchased air fresheners.”
Self Promotion Jenny Tondera
Jenny Tondera sent in a cv in which personal details are mixed with pictures of men and women standing on rocks. Delightful.
Hootenanny Design and Art Directed by Stephen Ball, Kimberley Chan, Tom Pollard and Ryan Van Kesteren
LSAD have sent through what will inevitably be the first of many degree show catalogues we receive. Nevertheless, it’s a nice one to open up. And it’s called Hootenanny, which we found out to mean “party”.
An English Dictionary of Non-Words Luke Ngakane
More an enticing snippet than a whole dictionary, Luke Ngakane’s poster reveals a collection of “non words”. Apparently, a “freegan” is “someone who rejects consumerism,” and to “sprog” is “to go slower than a sprint but faster than a jog.”
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language