Want a football wall planner that didn’t come with the weekend’s papers? Or have you ever wondered what a “freegan” is? Probably worth you having a quick rummage through things…
World Cup Wall Charts Benjamin Prescott
Instead of relying on free tabloid editions, we’ll be scribbling all over Ben Prescott’s insanely detailed World Cup Wall Chart.
Idiot Stories Matthew the Horse, published by Present Joys
The second in a series of literary zines produced by Present Joys, Idiot Stories (by Mathew the Horse) features the line “This week, instead of the usual order of tinned meat, she purchased air fresheners.”
Self Promotion Jenny Tondera
Jenny Tondera sent in a cv in which personal details are mixed with pictures of men and women standing on rocks. Delightful.
Hootenanny Design and Art Directed by Stephen Ball, Kimberley Chan, Tom Pollard and Ryan Van Kesteren
LSAD have sent through what will inevitably be the first of many degree show catalogues we receive. Nevertheless, it’s a nice one to open up. And it’s called Hootenanny, which we found out to mean “party”.
An English Dictionary of Non-Words Luke Ngakane
More an enticing snippet than a whole dictionary, Luke Ngakane’s poster reveals a collection of “non words”. Apparently, a “freegan” is “someone who rejects consumerism,” and to “sprog” is “to go slower than a sprint but faster than a jog.”
- “It's not overly-shiny ‘render porn’ — it's got soul”: Margot Bowman on her new film for River Island
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard’s personal polaroids
- Nora Sturges’ clean and simple paintings using the unusual medium of eggs
- “A small Japanese photographer is on the same page of great photographers!”: Piczo joins WeFolk
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages