As always, a quick highlight of five things that worked their way in the studio in the last seven days. If you would like anything considered for the weekly feature then please send them through to It’s Nice That, 95a Rivington Street, London EC2A 3AY.
For now though, this week’s things…
D&AD New Blood Poster NB Studio
Here’s a concept: suggest that this year’s influx of graduates will force older ‘creatives’ into considering ‘packing it all in’; photograph well-known ‘creatives’ driven to the point of suicide; print the images at A1. Sick, in some sort of brilliant way.
Gypsé Eyes is a zine consisting of poetry/stories written by Tyler Lafreniere. It comes with free badges. The content varies in focus. One of the stories is called Me, My Mum and the Sex Store.
Milly Freeman sent us a print, book and business card. Someone said “colourful” when the package was first opened. The print is probably our favourite item because it works no matter which way up you turn it.
Be Brave Alex Hunting and Charlie Hocking
Be Brave was hand-delivered, half an hour before writing this. Content includes interviews with Adrian Shaughnessy, Michael Johnson and Jeremy Leslie as well as student accounts of internship experiences. All this and the fact that the cover doubles as a handy, self-assuring poster.
Apartamento Issue #05
Apartamento won a yellow pencil at the D&AD awards on Thursday night, which is nothing short of fully-deserved recognition. Issue #05 contains features on wood, Japanese mountains and an Andy Rementer comic. Yikes.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"