As always, a quick highlight of five things that worked their way in the studio in the last seven days. If you would like anything considered for the weekly feature then please send them through to It’s Nice That, 95a Rivington Street, London EC2A 3AY.
For now though, this week’s things…
D&AD New Blood Poster NB Studio
Here’s a concept: suggest that this year’s influx of graduates will force older ‘creatives’ into considering ‘packing it all in’; photograph well-known ‘creatives’ driven to the point of suicide; print the images at A1. Sick, in some sort of brilliant way.
Gypsé Eyes is a zine consisting of poetry/stories written by Tyler Lafreniere. It comes with free badges. The content varies in focus. One of the stories is called Me, My Mum and the Sex Store.
Milly Freeman sent us a print, book and business card. Someone said “colourful” when the package was first opened. The print is probably our favourite item because it works no matter which way up you turn it.
Be Brave Alex Hunting and Charlie Hocking
Be Brave was hand-delivered, half an hour before writing this. Content includes interviews with Adrian Shaughnessy, Michael Johnson and Jeremy Leslie as well as student accounts of internship experiences. All this and the fact that the cover doubles as a handy, self-assuring poster.
Apartamento Issue #05
Apartamento won a yellow pencil at the D&AD awards on Thursday night, which is nothing short of fully-deserved recognition. Issue #05 contains features on wood, Japanese mountains and an Andy Rementer comic. Yikes.
- Thomas Prior captures a Mexican festival involving exploding sledgehammers
- The misty-eyed and delicate pencil marks of Lee Kyutae
- Build’s brand identity for product design brand Plæy mirrors its playful and modular designs
- David Bailey's photographs of NW1, republished and exhibited for the first time
- Studio Mut creates a catalogue for Italian art prize that celebrates up-and-coming artists
- A forward-minded retrospective: behind the design of the massive Cedric Price monograph
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich