Short stories, sound advice, 20 of the greatest ever football players in illustrative form… Here it is, Saturday morning’s review of Things.
Art of McSweeney’s
McSweeney’s #17 was a collection of mail. McSweeney’s #22 was three books held together by magnets. The award-winning publishing house’s latest publication is essentially a making-of, and offers genuine insight into the processes/ideas going on behind the scenes.
Editor Chris Heavener established Annalema in 2007, while still at college. Now in its 6th issue – which opens with the question “What have you done for me lately?” – the publication seamlessly mixes short fiction, illustration and photography.
Sharing Rules 2010 Ghazaal Vojdani
Ghazaal Vojdani asked a number of design professionals for advice. Someone said “be polite.” Someone else said “do something boring.” For good measure, a sign that represents Danish booksellers is featured on the reverse.
10 years of in-public
10 years of in-public successfully collates the work of 20 street photographers. Designed by London-based Hat-Trick, and printed impeccably by Push, there are deliciously varnished images all over the place.
Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes Rich Fairhead
Bafana Bafana just scored. Seriously. And we were busy looking at Rich Fairhead’s Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes poster. Note: This was written yesterday. Bafana Bafana have not just scored. You could probably watch it again on YouTube though.
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Yoko Yuki takes us on a bizarre jaunt into town in this kaleidoscopic animation
- Director Nick Ahlmark captures the thrills of night riding for Vice and Samsung
- Marion Jdanoff's skillful screen prints and books are packed with vibrancy
- Illustrator Zoë Taylor’s heroine escapes a party through clichéd melodrama and sporadic linework
- Björk Vulnicura: inside the creation of the kafkaesque headpieces by James Merry and Neri Oxman
- Airbnb launches its own in-house design studio, Samara
- Subway unveils redesigned logo and new symbol
- Neubau introduces its latest immaculately minimal typeface, NB Akademie
- PES creates an epic scale, long-exposure stop motion film for Honda
- Rio Olympics 2016: the creative projects inspired by the Games
- Erin M Riley’s hand-woven tapestries re-contextualise online pornography (NSFW)