Short stories, sound advice, 20 of the greatest ever football players in illustrative form… Here it is, Saturday morning’s review of Things.
Art of McSweeney’s
McSweeney’s #17 was a collection of mail. McSweeney’s #22 was three books held together by magnets. The award-winning publishing house’s latest publication is essentially a making-of, and offers genuine insight into the processes/ideas going on behind the scenes.
Editor Chris Heavener established Annalema in 2007, while still at college. Now in its 6th issue – which opens with the question “What have you done for me lately?” – the publication seamlessly mixes short fiction, illustration and photography.
Sharing Rules 2010 Ghazaal Vojdani
Ghazaal Vojdani asked a number of design professionals for advice. Someone said “be polite.” Someone else said “do something boring.” For good measure, a sign that represents Danish booksellers is featured on the reverse.
10 years of in-public
10 years of in-public successfully collates the work of 20 street photographers. Designed by London-based Hat-Trick, and printed impeccably by Push, there are deliciously varnished images all over the place.
Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes Rich Fairhead
Bafana Bafana just scored. Seriously. And we were busy looking at Rich Fairhead’s Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes poster. Note: This was written yesterday. Bafana Bafana have not just scored. You could probably watch it again on YouTube though.
- The wacky, zany and eccentric world of illustrator Egle Zvirblyte
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- The cut glass assemblages of graphic-turned-3D designer Juli Bolaños-Durman
- Photographer Mico Toledo documents the defiant protestors of Standing Rock
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant