Short stories, sound advice, 20 of the greatest ever football players in illustrative form… Here it is, Saturday morning’s review of Things.
Art of McSweeney’s
McSweeney’s #17 was a collection of mail. McSweeney’s #22 was three books held together by magnets. The award-winning publishing house’s latest publication is essentially a making-of, and offers genuine insight into the processes/ideas going on behind the scenes.
Editor Chris Heavener established Annalema in 2007, while still at college. Now in its 6th issue – which opens with the question “What have you done for me lately?” – the publication seamlessly mixes short fiction, illustration and photography.
Sharing Rules 2010 Ghazaal Vojdani
Ghazaal Vojdani asked a number of design professionals for advice. Someone said “be polite.” Someone else said “do something boring.” For good measure, a sign that represents Danish booksellers is featured on the reverse.
10 years of in-public
10 years of in-public successfully collates the work of 20 street photographers. Designed by London-based Hat-Trick, and printed impeccably by Push, there are deliciously varnished images all over the place.
Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes Rich Fairhead
Bafana Bafana just scored. Seriously. And we were busy looking at Rich Fairhead’s Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes poster. Note: This was written yesterday. Bafana Bafana have not just scored. You could probably watch it again on YouTube though.
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Legowelt alias Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk on social media to follow
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery