Short stories, sound advice, 20 of the greatest ever football players in illustrative form… Here it is, Saturday morning’s review of Things.
Art of McSweeney’s
McSweeney’s #17 was a collection of mail. McSweeney’s #22 was three books held together by magnets. The award-winning publishing house’s latest publication is essentially a making-of, and offers genuine insight into the processes/ideas going on behind the scenes.
Editor Chris Heavener established Annalema in 2007, while still at college. Now in its 6th issue – which opens with the question “What have you done for me lately?” – the publication seamlessly mixes short fiction, illustration and photography.
Sharing Rules 2010 Ghazaal Vojdani
Ghazaal Vojdani asked a number of design professionals for advice. Someone said “be polite.” Someone else said “do something boring.” For good measure, a sign that represents Danish booksellers is featured on the reverse.
10 years of in-public
10 years of in-public successfully collates the work of 20 street photographers. Designed by London-based Hat-Trick, and printed impeccably by Push, there are deliciously varnished images all over the place.
Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes Rich Fairhead
Bafana Bafana just scored. Seriously. And we were busy looking at Rich Fairhead’s Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes poster. Note: This was written yesterday. Bafana Bafana have not just scored. You could probably watch it again on YouTube though.
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100