Short stories, sound advice, 20 of the greatest ever football players in illustrative form… Here it is, Saturday morning’s review of Things.
Art of McSweeney’s
McSweeney’s #17 was a collection of mail. McSweeney’s #22 was three books held together by magnets. The award-winning publishing house’s latest publication is essentially a making-of, and offers genuine insight into the processes/ideas going on behind the scenes.
Editor Chris Heavener established Annalema in 2007, while still at college. Now in its 6th issue – which opens with the question “What have you done for me lately?” – the publication seamlessly mixes short fiction, illustration and photography.
Sharing Rules 2010 Ghazaal Vojdani
Ghazaal Vojdani asked a number of design professionals for advice. Someone said “be polite.” Someone else said “do something boring.” For good measure, a sign that represents Danish booksellers is featured on the reverse.
10 years of in-public
10 years of in-public successfully collates the work of 20 street photographers. Designed by London-based Hat-Trick, and printed impeccably by Push, there are deliciously varnished images all over the place.
Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes Rich Fairhead
Bafana Bafana just scored. Seriously. And we were busy looking at Rich Fairhead’s Twenty Years of World Cup Heroes poster. Note: This was written yesterday. Bafana Bafana have not just scored. You could probably watch it again on YouTube though.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood