We received a horse through the post on Tuesday, albeit a tiny one, made from paper. Take a look at this week’s Things to see what else caught our eye…
Accept No Other Imitations Onkar Kular
To be honest, all of this is worthy of your time. Highlights include a George Saunders essay, in which he questions whether or not Dubai is “real” or “fake”, and the documentation of a project that aimed to “break the world record for the most Elvis impersonators in one location.”
Dog Crime and Abecederia Nobrow, Blexbolex
These things sort-of-scream at you, in a good way. Created by Blexbolex, for Nobrow, both Dog Crime and Abecederia are crazy, intensely colourful, wonderful publications.
Blexbolex Wikipedia link
Collect Apply Zines
A series of zines, sent from Japan, each beautifully bound with thread. Our favourite is what could easily be described as a study of, and devotion to, the great Michael Jackson.
Flat Out Daniel Curtis
Daniel Curtis’s Flat Out includes (amongst other things) an illustrated Bill Murray, aged 11, and asks the question: “do cats need glasses?” Our guess is that some of them do, at one point or another, although we’ll probably never know.
Jess Smith sent us a whole package of things, including:
– a self-supporting buckaroo horse (the tiny one)
– a 100-dollar note (that we’re pretty sure isn’t real)
- a piece of thick card on which is printed a wood-grain pattern
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s