In an attempt to catch up on the recent Cannes Lions awards (yes, we’re a few weeks late) today’s post is Volkswagen’s Fun Theory created by DDB Stockholm. “We believe that the easiest way to change people’s behaviour for the better is by making it fun to do.”
The campaign started with The World’s deepest bin that encouraged people to put rubbish in a bin by making it fun, Piano Staircase that got more people to take the stairs over the escalator by making it fun to do and Bottle Bank Arcade (pictured) that made recycling glass fun to do (hence the Fun Theory name). They then opened it up to open submissions with the chance to win €2500.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan