As featured in the first It’s Nice That publication, Kubik is back! In 2006 the kubik light room installation was created as a club concept designed to energise disused urban spaces around the world by creating a unique fusion between water tanks, light shows and electronic beats. Stacked up tank-walls illuminated in different colours are composed to a piece of stunning architecture, which interact with the beats of music.
Celebrated in 22 different cities around the world and after four years in absence since the conception of kubik, balestra berlin are proud to announce the return of kubik to its birthplace – Berlin.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages