I recently stumbled upon the site of Harmen de Hoop and about 30 minutes after had finished looking through his extensive portfolio of work ranging from what he calls, ‘sculpture’, ‘living sculpture’ or ‘updated sculpture’.
Quite simply the sculptures are a series of urban interventions, the living sculptures include a series of farmyard animals and the updated sculptures are a series of modifications made to existing statues and structures. He also has a small selection of paintings (pictures). Well worth a look.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"