I recently stumbled upon the site of Harmen de Hoop and about 30 minutes after had finished looking through his extensive portfolio of work ranging from what he calls, ‘sculpture’, ‘living sculpture’ or ‘updated sculpture’.
Quite simply the sculptures are a series of urban interventions, the living sculptures include a series of farmyard animals and the updated sculptures are a series of modifications made to existing statues and structures. He also has a small selection of paintings (pictures). Well worth a look.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations