Wikipedia says this: Teiichi Yoshizawa is the world’s top phillumenist. How many others can legitimately challenge for the title? We’ve no idea, although we get the impression that Jane McDevitt would be one of them. Hers is an insanely in-depth and visually “stimulating” collection of matchbox labels. Good luck suppressing deep guttural desires to buy your own.
Images above include matchbox labels from Poland, Germany, Czechoslovakia and Hungary.
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang