Wikipedia says this: Teiichi Yoshizawa is the world’s top phillumenist. How many others can legitimately challenge for the title? We’ve no idea, although we get the impression that Jane McDevitt would be one of them. Hers is an insanely in-depth and visually “stimulating” collection of matchbox labels. Good luck suppressing deep guttural desires to buy your own.
Images above include matchbox labels from Poland, Germany, Czechoslovakia and Hungary.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant