Wikipedia says this: Teiichi Yoshizawa is the world’s top phillumenist. How many others can legitimately challenge for the title? We’ve no idea, although we get the impression that Jane McDevitt would be one of them. Hers is an insanely in-depth and visually “stimulating” collection of matchbox labels. Good luck suppressing deep guttural desires to buy your own.
Images above include matchbox labels from Poland, Germany, Czechoslovakia and Hungary.
- Danish illustrator Rune Fisker’s clean, windswept surrealism
- Filmmaker Alice Dunseath presents a meditative reflection on life
- Edinburgh graduate Jack Fletcher's beautiful woodcut illustrations
- There Is' ace new typographic projects for Wired and New York Times magazine
- Clase bcn's bright but elegant identity for a Barcelona concert hall
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli