Wikipedia says this: Teiichi Yoshizawa is the world’s top phillumenist. How many others can legitimately challenge for the title? We’ve no idea, although we get the impression that Jane McDevitt would be one of them. Hers is an insanely in-depth and visually “stimulating” collection of matchbox labels. Good luck suppressing deep guttural desires to buy your own.
Images above include matchbox labels from Poland, Germany, Czechoslovakia and Hungary.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery