London based film director Helena Brooks has got some awesome work including two short films, commercials and more recently completed a a documentary for 180 Amsterdam, Inside The Black Jersey.
Her second short film, Nothing Special was nominated for the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival and won Best Short Film at the Cinéma des Antipodes. In the film Billy becomes the reluctant subject of worship when his delusional mother decides he is Jesus reincarnate.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label