London based film director Helena Brooks has got some awesome work including two short films, commercials and more recently completed a a documentary for 180 Amsterdam, Inside The Black Jersey.
Her second short film, Nothing Special was nominated for the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival and won Best Short Film at the Cinéma des Antipodes. In the film Billy becomes the reluctant subject of worship when his delusional mother decides he is Jesus reincarnate.
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Meet the speakers: Carl Burgess, Oscar Hudson, Mirka Laura Severa and Olivia Ahmad
- Varied, playful and slightly odd drawings from Japanese illustrator Summer House
- Thomas Colligan’s zine encourages us to appreciate the small things in life
- John Feely on capturing life in “remote” Mongolia and learning a new way of living
- Creative director David Lane tells us about redesigning frieze and creating campaigns for Hermés and Ally Capellino
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio