It’s unfortunately not that unusual to hear of educational institutions cutting back costs to help get through tough times and that’s completely understandable. However there’s always a point where the line should be drawn and I couldn’t agree more that “the interests of education should never be made secondary to the interests of city planning.” That quote is from point 9 of the petition to save The historical Rietveld building for the Gerrit Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam.
A building that is so steeped in history that Wim Crowel himself has written a personal letter about his thoughts on why it should stay. Have a read and sign up if you agree.
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Alex Blouin shoots petrolheads at Canada’s biggest car show
- Designer Cindy Kutikova on translating her ideas into a visual language
- “Graphic design of any and every printed matter”: introducing Arc studio
- Studio Output’s bumper bookshelf full of design and art inspiration
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus