It’s unfortunately not that unusual to hear of educational institutions cutting back costs to help get through tough times and that’s completely understandable. However there’s always a point where the line should be drawn and I couldn’t agree more that “the interests of education should never be made secondary to the interests of city planning.” That quote is from point 9 of the petition to save The historical Rietveld building for the Gerrit Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam.
A building that is so steeped in history that Wim Crowel himself has written a personal letter about his thoughts on why it should stay. Have a read and sign up if you agree.
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Kang YeonJi’s beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- Making propaganda about propaganda: Metahaven’s new film considers fantasy and truth in internet culture
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016