It’s unfortunately not that unusual to hear of educational institutions cutting back costs to help get through tough times and that’s completely understandable. However there’s always a point where the line should be drawn and I couldn’t agree more that “the interests of education should never be made secondary to the interests of city planning.” That quote is from point 9 of the petition to save The historical Rietveld building for the Gerrit Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam.
A building that is so steeped in history that Wim Crowel himself has written a personal letter about his thoughts on why it should stay. Have a read and sign up if you agree.
- The Ulm Model: a school and its pursuit of a critical design practice
- New One in New York: Simón Sepúlveda's six month design diary
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Four projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant