It’s unfortunately not that unusual to hear of educational institutions cutting back costs to help get through tough times and that’s completely understandable. However there’s always a point where the line should be drawn and I couldn’t agree more that “the interests of education should never be made secondary to the interests of city planning.” That quote is from point 9 of the petition to save The historical Rietveld building for the Gerrit Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam.
A building that is so steeped in history that Wim Crowel himself has written a personal letter about his thoughts on why it should stay. Have a read and sign up if you agree.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”