I am Jim Stoten. I am an illustrator and image maker living and working in London. At the moment I am living and working in New York for the next few weeks. I am working on several projects, including self initiated briefs which will end up as products for sale at my website shop. Its a lot of fun.
I have been in this business for about 5 years now. In that time I have worked for clients like MTV, Fiat cars, J&B Whisky, Vodafone, The Guardian, and The New Yorker to name but a few. The piece of work featured here is something i have just completed for an article in The Guardian. It featured on the front cover of the film and music section a couple of weeks ago. This week I will be showing you some stuff that I have seen recently that has inspired me or made me feel good. Hope you enjoy my posts.
- Exclusive: Watch Will Robson-Scott’s new film “God Loves Ugly”
- An exclusive first look inside the next issue of Hero
- Koln Studio's new website displays their extensive and inventive graphic design
- Printed Pages AW16 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints and more!
- Giuliano Buttafuoco depicts character through bright colours and sparse details
- Issue two of Pollen magazine explores this “creaturely life”
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity