I am Jim Stoten. I am an illustrator and image maker living and working in London. At the moment I am living and working in New York for the next few weeks. I am working on several projects, including self initiated briefs which will end up as products for sale at my website shop. Its a lot of fun.
I have been in this business for about 5 years now. In that time I have worked for clients like MTV, Fiat cars, J&B Whisky, Vodafone, The Guardian, and The New Yorker to name but a few. The piece of work featured here is something i have just completed for an article in The Guardian. It featured on the front cover of the film and music section a couple of weeks ago. This week I will be showing you some stuff that I have seen recently that has inspired me or made me feel good. Hope you enjoy my posts.
- Is postgraduate study right for you? A handy guide to help you decide
- Jan Novák’s conceptual typefaces and identities are both functional and clear
- Parisian studio Akatre on their music video for Grand Yellow
- Max Baitinger’s comic Birgit illustrates the ballsy decision to quit your job
- Sam Taylor on creating a triptych of weekly illustrations for tech mag T3
- Leah Gordon photographs the Freemasons of contemporary Haiti
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy