I am Jim Stoten. I am an illustrator and image maker living and working in London. At the moment I am living and working in New York for the next few weeks. I am working on several projects, including self initiated briefs which will end up as products for sale at my website shop. Its a lot of fun.
I have been in this business for about 5 years now. In that time I have worked for clients like MTV, Fiat cars, J&B Whisky, Vodafone, The Guardian, and The New Yorker to name but a few. The piece of work featured here is something i have just completed for an article in The Guardian. It featured on the front cover of the film and music section a couple of weeks ago. This week I will be showing you some stuff that I have seen recently that has inspired me or made me feel good. Hope you enjoy my posts.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again