I am Jim Stoten. I am an illustrator and image maker living and working in London. At the moment I am living and working in New York for the next few weeks. I am working on several projects, including self initiated briefs which will end up as products for sale at my website shop. Its a lot of fun.
I have been in this business for about 5 years now. In that time I have worked for clients like MTV, Fiat cars, J&B Whisky, Vodafone, The Guardian, and The New Yorker to name but a few. The piece of work featured here is something i have just completed for an article in The Guardian. It featured on the front cover of the film and music section a couple of weeks ago. This week I will be showing you some stuff that I have seen recently that has inspired me or made me feel good. Hope you enjoy my posts.
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale