I am Jim Stoten. I am an illustrator and image maker living and working in London. At the moment I am living and working in New York for the next few weeks. I am working on several projects, including self initiated briefs which will end up as products for sale at my website shop. Its a lot of fun.
I have been in this business for about 5 years now. In that time I have worked for clients like MTV, Fiat cars, J&B Whisky, Vodafone, The Guardian, and The New Yorker to name but a few. The piece of work featured here is something i have just completed for an article in The Guardian. It featured on the front cover of the film and music section a couple of weeks ago. This week I will be showing you some stuff that I have seen recently that has inspired me or made me feel good. Hope you enjoy my posts.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August