Every time I’ve been to New York this gallery space has never failed to blow me away.
There are far too many ‘limited editions’ out there these days, but Visionaire always raise the bar with theirs. Set up in 1991 Visionaire release a magazine 3 times a year, each with a different theme and format – co-inciding with a show at their Mercer St. gallery.
Contributors are always of the highest caliber at their latest edition ‘Sound’ sees work from Sindy Sherman, U2, Courtney Love, and Cat Power to name but a few.
Definitely a site that you can spend far too much time admiring.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting