Supposedly this is quite an old video, but as I hadn’t seen it until last week and it made me smile, so I thought it was well worth a post.
As a piece of self promotion a plucky young editor decided to cut and paste classic film ‘The Shining’, transforming one of the most chilling films of all time into a trailer for a rom-com.
A fantastic example of how the importance of context cannot be underestimated and how a bit of humour goes a long way.
- Bow down witches, it's a Best of the (cob)Web Halloween special!
- Photographer Philippe Chancel captures North Korea’s intensely choreographed ceremonies
- From a family-run “famzine” to a 30p grime mag, it's October's Things
- The Wellcome Collection publishes book of early infographics, charts and diagrams for organising nature
- Sophie Koko Gate, an animator with immense illustrative skill
- Artist and illustrator Jamie Johnson's gently surreal compositions
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design