Dominic Wilcox is an artist, designer and everything in between. He doesn’t specialise in any particular creative area or medium, instead he comes up with ideas first then thinks about what is the best way to make them reality.
I created ‘Cave’ as a container for your most special football shoes. Instead of just dumpng your prized footwear in the bottom of your wardrobe (or wherever), place them in this bespoke shoe home made from model football players. Inspiration for Cave came from a number of sources, I wanted to create a mini stadium (like the Birds Nest stadium in China) with the shoes at the centre. I’ve always loved football and included an element from my local area with a map of bitter rivals Sunderland and Newcastle United etched on each of the shoe plinths inside Cave.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s