Dominic Wilcox is an artist, designer and everything in between. He doesn’t specialise in any particular creative area or medium, instead he comes up with ideas first then thinks about what is the best way to make them reality.
I created ‘Cave’ as a container for your most special football shoes. Instead of just dumpng your prized footwear in the bottom of your wardrobe (or wherever), place them in this bespoke shoe home made from model football players. Inspiration for Cave came from a number of sources, I wanted to create a mini stadium (like the Birds Nest stadium in China) with the shoes at the centre. I’ve always loved football and included an element from my local area with a map of bitter rivals Sunderland and Newcastle United etched on each of the shoe plinths inside Cave.
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters
- French illustrator Damien Filliatre's “trashy and cynical” universe
- Graphic Designer Robynne Redgrave profiles prolific Yelp.com reviewer in You Can Change
- Photographer Ina Niehoff's "pure and silent" look at the Moroccan countryside
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant