Dominic Wilcox is an artist, designer and everything in between. He doesn’t specialise in any particular creative area or medium, instead he comes up with ideas first then thinks about what is the best way to make them reality.
I created ‘Cave’ as a container for your most special football shoes. Instead of just dumpng your prized footwear in the bottom of your wardrobe (or wherever), place them in this bespoke shoe home made from model football players. Inspiration for Cave came from a number of sources, I wanted to create a mini stadium (like the Birds Nest stadium in China) with the shoes at the centre. I’ve always loved football and included an element from my local area with a map of bitter rivals Sunderland and Newcastle United etched on each of the shoe plinths inside Cave.
- Steph Wilson, DR. ME, Women Who and Benedict Redgrove at Nicer Tuesdays August
- Artist Emily Mae Smith’s pop motifs and witty compositions
- Meet the prop-maker building imaginary boyfriends
- Graphic designer Biba Košmerl takes on organised disorder and what it means to be a true modernist
- Bjenny Montero, an underground hero of melancholic comics
- Animator Hoji Tsuchiya's patchwork video for Japanese singer Uri Nakayama
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August