Hello there, I am Chrissie. I live in hackney which is nice sometimes, and work in a small studio in Dalston where I make images using a mix of illustration and collage. At the moment some of my favorite things are: banana smoothies, crystal rock formations, lie-ins, and wounded knees (the band). I hate buses. I am very much overdue in updating my website I know, but here are some people I’ve done work for: Virgin, Orange, MTV, Coca-Cola, Nike, Nylon, The Barbican, The New York Times and T-shirts for 2K, Urban Outfitters and Timberland.
My own piece of work I’ve chosen to share is the forthcoming Little Boots EP artwork. Its based on the arecibo message that was beamed into space in the 70’s to inform other life forms of our existence.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting