This is nice, found via Computerlove it appears there is a better way to go about getting an internship. No more exasperated emails expanding the theme of ‘ I like your work, I will work for free’, instead a list of all the class with links to a short paragraph, link to website, contact and a video showing a bit of personality.
Brought to you from the Hyper Island Digital Media 2009 class, Karlskrona. The aim is to get attention and opportunities for their internship period running from August 2008 through to March 2009.
- Curator Shonagh Marshall takes us through the highlights from Hair by Sam McKnight
- Yeji Yun’s imaginative zine combines frozen lands, whales and cocktails
- Zhang Kechun encapsulates the oblivion of China's mysterious Yellow River
- Artist Anna Valdez brings her eye for detail to digital painting
- Bold in its broadness, the work of Dave Singley
- Córdova Canillas seek inspiration between nostalgia and obsolescence for C de C annual
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity