A = everything. This is the simple equation and motto set out by Parisien graphic designers A is a name. As the only capital in their name the ‘A’ stands for typographic form. It represents their attention given to typography, believing that everything in graphic design comes back to this. A is an icon.
And their work stays true to this; paying unrelenting attention to composition, words sit boldly upon the page, complementing the strength of the images they are often coupled with. Their 2011 spread for Dazed & Confused reflects this perfectly. Alongside Christopher Simmonds, who worked on the type composition for the spread using a font drawn by the studio, the strong angular eyebrows match with powerful lettering, and a magnificently striped couture dress is mirrored by aligned words.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs