Dear Monday. You’re a drag and you know it. Luckily though we won’t take it lying down any more – A Week On Monday is our way of putting two proverbial fingers up to nobody’s favourite day. This week it’s the turn of illustrator Jack Hudson, one of our Graduates class of 2010, who when he’s not smashing great work out the park is apparently perfecting the music/food combo that banshies any early week blues. Over to Jack…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Bacon sandwich + AC/DC = No Monday morning blues
What song will you be listening to most this week?
The song Monotone Face by Leeds based band Cowtown, it makes me smile every time.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
An interview with Quentin Blake in Crack Magazine.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
This mouse mat; yes I like to treat my mouse like a king.
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
I’d go dancing with Bill Murray at the zoo.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
A book cover, an editorial illustration and hopefully a day off.
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield