Dear Monday. You’re a drag and you know it. Luckily though we won’t take it lying down any more – A Week On Monday is our way of putting two proverbial fingers up to nobody’s favourite day. This week it’s the turn of illustrator Jack Hudson, one of our Graduates class of 2010, who when he’s not smashing great work out the park is apparently perfecting the music/food combo that banshies any early week blues. Over to Jack…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Bacon sandwich + AC/DC = No Monday morning blues
What song will you be listening to most this week?
The song Monotone Face by Leeds based band Cowtown, it makes me smile every time.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
An interview with Quentin Blake in Crack Magazine.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
This mouse mat; yes I like to treat my mouse like a king.
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
I’d go dancing with Bill Murray at the zoo.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
A book cover, an editorial illustration and hopefully a day off.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”