Dear Monday. You’re a drag and you know it. Luckily though we won’t take it lying down any more – A Week On Monday is our way of putting two proverbial fingers up to nobody’s favourite day. This week it’s the turn of illustrator Jack Hudson, one of our Graduates class of 2010, who when he’s not smashing great work out the park is apparently perfecting the music/food combo that banshies any early week blues. Over to Jack…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Bacon sandwich + AC/DC = No Monday morning blues
What song will you be listening to most this week?
The song Monotone Face by Leeds based band Cowtown, it makes me smile every time.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
An interview with Quentin Blake in Crack Magazine.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
This mouse mat; yes I like to treat my mouse like a king.
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
I’d go dancing with Bill Murray at the zoo.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
A book cover, an editorial illustration and hopefully a day off.
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Devilish charm: the illustrations of Polly Nor
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity