Dear Monday. You’re a drag and you know it. Luckily though we won’t take it lying down any more – A Week On Monday is our way of putting two proverbial fingers up to nobody’s favourite day. This week it’s the turn of illustrator Jack Hudson, one of our Graduates class of 2010, who when he’s not smashing great work out the park is apparently perfecting the music/food combo that banshies any early week blues. Over to Jack…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Bacon sandwich + AC/DC = No Monday morning blues
What song will you be listening to most this week?
The song Monotone Face by Leeds based band Cowtown, it makes me smile every time.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
An interview with Quentin Blake in Crack Magazine.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
This mouse mat; yes I like to treat my mouse like a king.
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
I’d go dancing with Bill Murray at the zoo.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
A book cover, an editorial illustration and hopefully a day off.
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Artist Kirsty Harris revisits the CND protests from a personal perspective
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100