Forgive me if I am wrong, but when it comes to creatives I know few people who tend to refer to themselves by honorific (surely all that Mr and Mrs stuff is reserved for the high-rise offices crammed full of bankers right!?), so when talented illustrator “Mr A. Hayes” caught our eye, we couldn’t help but smile and find ourselves a bit endeared by his officialness.
But spend a few minutes ogling his spectacular portfolio and any assumptions that such properness would lead to a somewhat serious array of artworks are immediately cast aside for Adam Hayes’ portfolio is practically brimming with playfulness and fun.
With his illustrations coming soaked in colour and boasting seriously impressive typography, it is no wonder that he has received the sort of attention he has. Producing works for industry giants including Nike, Absolut, and even Chester Zoo it seems it isn’t just us impressed with his talent.
Adam’s work spreads from illustrative maps to posters and advertisements, and having just recently updated his portfolio with a series of grid-based artwork; it would seem that Mr A. Hayes is most certainly one to keep a watchful eye upon!
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations