Forgive me if I am wrong, but when it comes to creatives I know few people who tend to refer to themselves by honorific (surely all that Mr and Mrs stuff is reserved for the high-rise offices crammed full of bankers right!?), so when talented illustrator “Mr A. Hayes” caught our eye, we couldn’t help but smile and find ourselves a bit endeared by his officialness.
But spend a few minutes ogling his spectacular portfolio and any assumptions that such properness would lead to a somewhat serious array of artworks are immediately cast aside for Adam Hayes’ portfolio is practically brimming with playfulness and fun.
With his illustrations coming soaked in colour and boasting seriously impressive typography, it is no wonder that he has received the sort of attention he has. Producing works for industry giants including Nike, Absolut, and even Chester Zoo it seems it isn’t just us impressed with his talent.
Adam’s work spreads from illustrative maps to posters and advertisements, and having just recently updated his portfolio with a series of grid-based artwork; it would seem that Mr A. Hayes is most certainly one to keep a watchful eye upon!
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot by Jake Michaels in Tijuana
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- LA courtroom illustrations from cases including OJ Simpson and Snoop Dogg celebrated in new monograph
- Ronni Campana's photographic collection of badly repaired cars
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)