It didn’t come as a surprise that gloriously talented Aisha Franz is in cahoots with the likes of Till Thomas and his crew of extraordinarily talented illustrators from the continent. You can just imagine them all grinning and going on illustration jaunts together (camping, vintage tents, quilts) while thinking of new and exciting zines that we minions are just going to drop on our knees drooling for.
Aisha’s particularly huge range of skills across the wide illustration board mean that she could probably pull out charming illustration in her sleep. From her pencil drawings to her naive yet dry illustrations,each image she’s whisked out of her brain is so funny and sweet at the same time it’s enough to make you have a little cry.
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- Viva MS Paint: illustrators pay tribute to (the now saved) program
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc