I’m going to level with you, everything I know about Lithuania you could fit on the back of a beer mat (A small beer mat. With “Capital=Vlinius” written on it). But turns out ignorance is not bliss, and that there;s some interesting creative talents the Baltic republic (thanks Wikipedia) is keeping to itself.
Trained in graphic design and illustration, Aiste Bileviciute has an eclectic portfolio which experiments with colour, form and texture. Personally I am most enamoured with the quieter, stripped back work but there’s no doubting her skills and her refreshing willingness to experiment.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”