I’m going to level with you, everything I know about Lithuania you could fit on the back of a beer mat (A small beer mat. With “Capital=Vlinius” written on it). But turns out ignorance is not bliss, and that there;s some interesting creative talents the Baltic republic (thanks Wikipedia) is keeping to itself.
Trained in graphic design and illustration, Aiste Bileviciute has an eclectic portfolio which experiments with colour, form and texture. Personally I am most enamoured with the quieter, stripped back work but there’s no doubting her skills and her refreshing willingness to experiment.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s